This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

uninstall mshflxgd.ocx

2 replies to this topic

aglore

aglore
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 July 2005 - 17:36

I have developed an InstallScript MSI Project in InstallShield Developer 8. I needed to include the installation and registration of mshflxgd.ocx. I went to Setup Design, right clicked on Component Wizard and defined a "COM Server" type component, to be installed in the system32 directory.

When the summary panel comes up, it includes the following messages:
Merge Modules:
Merge Module 1: OLEAUT32.8C0C59A0_7DC8_11D2_B95D_006097C4DE24:0
Merge Module 2: COMCAT.3207D1B0_B0E5_11D2_B95D_006097C4DE24:0
Merge Module 3: MSHFLXGD.7EBEDD27_AA66_11D2_B95D_006097C4DE24:0

Merge Modules:
Error 1: <SystemFolder>\MSHFLXGD.OCX
Reason: The file belongs to a merge module

I have assumed that by setting this up in the project, I don't need to do anything explicitly to register or unregister the object.

Questions:
1. What does the error message mean?
2. I am testing the installation on a Windows 2000 machine. Although the installation and registration of the object appears to work just fine, when I uninstall the application, the MSHFLXGD.OCX file is not removed or unregistered.

What do I need to do to remove this file, or is it set up to be "permanent"? When I set up the component, I didn't see an option of specifying it as permanent.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 28 July 2005 - 14:03

I believe it's telling you that you shouldn't include the file by itself because a merge module exists that includes this file. So you should add the module instead - best practices.

aglore

aglore
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 July 2005 - 14:10

But, it appears to have included the other two modules for me? At least, that's how I'm interpreting the first Merge Modules series of messages.