This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

How to detect reboot in UI Sequence

1 reply to this topic

hteichert

hteichert
  • Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 06 February 2004 - 10:14

How is it possible to detect that a reboot is required at the end of the UI-Sequence (in the SetupCompleteSuccess dialog)? The property "ReplacedInUseFiles" is set during the Execute sequence, but it's value is not returned to the UI-sequence.
As a workaround, I tried to set a global property "REBOOTREQUIRED" depending on the state of "ReplacedInUseFiles" after "InstallFinalize" in the Execute sequence and use this global one in the UI sequence - but that doesn't help, no property is returned from Execute to UI sequence.

Thanks in advance.
h.teichert-ott

hteichert

hteichert
  • Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 06 February 2004 - 11:44

I don't know why, but it's always the same:
WRITE down your problem and the answer is obvious.

Solved the problem by my own with a CA of type 102 (38 + 64: run VBScript text, synchronous execution with ignore exitcode) and the following VBScript Code in the Target column:

If Session.Mode(6)=True Then Session.Property("RebootAtEnd")="1" End If

The "6" means "msiRunModeRebootAtEnd".

After running this CA with a ControlEvent in the SetupCompleteSuccess dialog I can use the property "RebootAtEnd" to detect the required reboot.
h.teichert-ott