This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

builiding a release

3 replies to this topic

haroldxious

haroldxious
  • Full Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 20 July 2007 - 01:22

how to build a release of an MSI package in CD Image having some components files not compressed.

example:
you have a release version of the msi containing the ff:

product.msi
Folder(some data files that are not compressed)

Im wondering on why is it the compresion setup on Installscript and Basic MSI is different.
example:
Installscript
Release Wizard Custom Media Layout Dialog - custom feature placements of media files in cabinets
The data files selected below will be placed in CDRom Folders, the data files of the features not selected below will be placed in data cabinet files.

how can i make my Basic MSI same as the behavior of installscript in custom feature placements of media files in cabinets?

Need your help on this matter..

Thank you in advance

Edited by haroldxious, 20 July 2007 - 03:09.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 20 July 2007 - 11:47

I believe in Basic MSI you can do this on a Feature basis. Select Custom compression in the release wizard and uncheck any features you don't wish to compress.

haroldxious

haroldxious
  • Full Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 21 July 2007 - 02:08

i agree with you stephan but the problem is after the release build in the basic msi using the custom compression.. if you have a lot of features..it will compress 1 feature per 1 cab files..i want it to be all other files will be on 1 cab file ang the file that i dont want to compress woud be on the folder

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 16:40

Ah, now I understand. I don't think InstallSHield can do this.