This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Understanding COM Extraction

1 reply to this topic

moverton

moverton
  • Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 23 October 2001 - 11:25

I have found that using the Advanced setting has brought me most success - Extract at build hasn't been successful for all my components.

My problem is keeping up to date with changing registration info accross hundreds of components written by many developers.  I originally used the Component Wizard to extract all the info, but I now need to know how to refresh this prior to every build.  It is impossible to keep up manually!

Many Thanks,
Martin

moverton

moverton
  • Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 23 October 2001 - 18:38

I spent all day working on this, and decided extract at build was the only way to go.  However, I am having terrible problems.

It only extracts COM info for components that are part of my first feature (I have 4 in total).  After reading other posts I have made sure that I only have components in one feature (created AlwaysInstalled feature).  This made no difference - I just get less registered now!

Has anyone else experienced similar issues.

Thanks,
Martin