This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Setup types

6 replies to this topic

jobrel

jobrel
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 August 2002 - 12:37

I am using SdSetupTypeEx dialog to display set up types.
I have defined the individual setup types in the Setup Types pane in the Install Shied IDE. But at run time when the set up type dialog is displayed, the set types are getting sorted alphabetically. I don't want this to happen and want it to show in the same order that I used to add the setup types in the setup pane of the IDE.
Could anybody suggest a way to do this ???

Lucky

Lucky
  • Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 13 August 2002 - 14:03

You could try to open the properties of the setup type, then change the display name.
The setup type's name is different from its displayed name.

Taco Bell

Taco Bell

IS6 Expert

• Moderators
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 13 August 2002 - 15:19

That's the downside to SdSetupTypeEx though is that the setup types are listed alphabetically by their Display Name.  Lucky's suggestion will work, but to get the desired behavior you may have to resort to cheesy tatics like "1. Tom", "2. Dick", & "3. Harry".

I therefore only used that to initially get going and later on switched to AskOptions where I have more direct control.
user posted image

Taco Bell

Taco Bell

IS6 Expert

• Moderators
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 13 August 2002 - 15:19

That's the downside to SdSetupTypeEx though is that the setup types are listed alphabetically by their Display Name.  Lucky's suggestion will work, but to get the desired behavior you may have to resort to cheesy tatics like "1. Tom", "2. Dick", & "3. Harry".

I therefore only used that to initially get going and later on switched to AskOptions where I have more direct control.
user posted image

jobrel

jobrel
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 August 2002 - 15:46

Thanks for the input. But, I can't change the displayed name. Is there any method to stop the sorting . ???

Taco Bell

Taco Bell

IS6 Expert

• Moderators
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 13 August 2002 - 18:20

Not that I'm aware of, but I'm from being an IS6 expert.

You should probably just use AskOptions.  You can get a dialog which is similar in functionality to SdSetupTypeEx without a whole lot of extra work.  It will also give you the additional custom control you need now, and possibly in the future.
user posted image

Lucky

Lucky
  • Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 14 August 2002 - 14:01

Quote (TacoBell00 @ Aug. 13 2002,16:19)
Lucky's suggestion will work, but to get the desired behavior you may have to resort to cheesy tatics like "1. Tom", "2. Dick", & "3. Harry".

That's correct, TacoBell. Thanks, I was too lazy to write an example. ;)
I don't see why changing the  display name should not work.

Taco Bell

Taco Bell

IS6 Expert

• Moderators
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 15 August 2002 - 06:33

It will most definitely work, done it myself, but jobrel says he cannot do that, so I'm guessing he's not allowed to call them something else.
user posted image