This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Single Basic MSI to replace several older Basic MSI installs - Problem

1 reply to this topic

FrankBishop

FrankBishop
  • Full Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 16:11

I have a Basic MSI project which is replacing several individual older MSI projects. Everything is working well the new MSI project uses new Product, Upgrade and Package codes.

It would be nice to clean up the messy older entries in the control panel add remove programs.

In order to do this I added some registry entries in Local Machine,Software,Microsoft, Windows, CurrentVersion, Uninstall and set these to Uninstall Entire Key

I found that since these older programs were all installed with installshield basic MSI's I also had to remove entries from

HKEY Classes Root, Installer, Products and set these registry keys to Uninstall Entire Key

Problem is

It doesnt work

I wrote a stand alone program to remove these keys using INNO and this does the trick after the fact but I'd like the clean up to be part of the Installshield project so its more seamless and not a complicated chain of installation steps made from different products

So my question is

What needs to be done to have the Uninstall Entire Key Functionality work in Installshield 2010

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 14:19

Uninstall entire key should remove the key during uninstall. I guess you want to remove it during install however. To do this, you should go to the Direct Editor, select the RemoveRegistry table and add rows with the appropriate data as described in the help.