This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Custom dialog

3 replies to this topic

vPanchumarthi

vPanchumarthi
  • Full Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 16:49

Hi,

In my installation I have 4 features to be installed. I am having 4 dialogs for each feature. When the end user selects three features , he should get the three respective dialogs. Say if he selects only one feature, only one dialog (with respect to that feature) should display. I was struck up at what condition do I need to put for the next button click event in install shield.

narrowing my problem:

How to find whether the feature is selected or not in Basic MSI Project

On custom installation, based on the feature selection, I want go next dialog,
On click next I want to find the way whether the Feature is selected or not? I have six features to install.
==============================================

CAN ANY BODY GUIDE ME IN FIXING THIS ISSUE.....

I am pretty new to this.... can anybody help me .....

Edited by vPanchumarthi, 24 October 2009 - 12:21.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 22:11

You could try something like
&FeatureName=3
See help topic "conditional statement syntax" for details

vPanchumarthi

vPanchumarthi
  • Full Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 07:54

Hi stefan,

Thanks for your reply. Actually if the project is having 3 features then the permutations for the 3 features will be very simple. Iam having around 6 features , which inturn is going to many permutations. For EX:

&feature1=1 AND &feature2=1 AND &feature3=1 AND &feature4=1 AND &feature5=1 AND &feature6=1

&feature1=1 AND &feature2=1 AND &feature3=1 AND &feature4=1 AND &feature5=1

&feature1=1 AND &feature2=1 AND &feature3=1 AND &feature4=1

&feature1=1 AND &feature2=1 AND &feature3=1

&feature1=1 AND &feature2=1

&feature1=1 AND &feature2<>1 AND &feature3<>1 AND &feature4<>1 AND &feature5<>1 AND &feature6< >1
..............etc.....

Is there any other method in finding out the selected feature and giving the next dialog with respect to the feature which end user has selected.......

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 08:10

Not sure I understand your scenario. If you need to display a different dialog for each possible combination of feature selection then you would have 2^6 = 64 different dialogs and thus 64 different conditions.