This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Uninstall HKCU keys for all users

2 replies to this topic

InstallDev

InstallDev
  • Full Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 23 November 2004 - 02:33

Hi all,
If I make an ALLUSERS =1 installation. when New user uses our product, the missing keys in the HKCU are created automatically with msi installation. My problem now is how to remove these keys for all the users when I remove the product from the system?? I can't see any possible way of doing that??
Thank you all.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 23 November 2004 - 10:03

That's not really feasible. HKCU entries are user data and can be lefft behind.
If you really need to delete them see sample "Load a User Hive Under the HKEY_USERS Key" at http://www.installsi.../en/isp_reg.htm . With this you could load the registry hives of each user and reove the entries (in a custom action, assuming the user running the uninstall has sufficient rights to access other users' registry)

mandy

mandy
  • Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 23 November 2004 - 12:38

Stefans' trick wouldn't work if your users had roaming profiles.

Why is it so important that you remove these entries anyway? Most people just leave them there. A roaming user may decide to use the application on another PC, in which case he might want to keep his settings?