Posted 02 September 2003 - 17:15
How can I fix this problem I'm having? Is there an easy way to get a list of all the DLLs that each Merge Module uses so I can see what's installing SqlRun? I'm thinking that even if I find the merge module though, it will probably still be needed so is there a way to prevent it from removing the DLL that's used by another application? Any suggestions?
Posted 03 September 2003 - 03:45
Such items are supposed to be marked as shared, and with each install/uninstall, the reference count is incremented/decremented, but it sounds like somebody isn't playing fair. This is difficult since neither one, other application or the Merge Module, is directly in your control. If the Merge Module is truly to blame, then you can try and make up for it by manually adjusting the corresponding registry value storing this usage count.
Also, one way of confirming that the sqlRun.dll file is indeed coming from MSDE would be to temporarily remove that from your setup and apply that install to a clean box to see if the files makes it over there.
However, Merge Modules are a Windows Installer thing, so I'm moving this post accordinly. Hopefully you'll get better answers over there.
Edited by Taco Bell, 03 September 2003 - 13:57.
Posted 03 September 2003 - 14:55