This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

maintance/re-intall problem

1 reply to this topic

skiman_co

skiman_co
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 November 2002 - 20:52

I have my exe point to an icon file.  between the last release and the next release the icon color is changing to blue from red.  Everything installs correctly, I have gone to the installed directory and verified that everything is correct.  My problem is the "Shortcut" links (.lnk) are not being updated to reflect the color change.  I'm using ISP 6.20 I have right click and viewed the properties and looked at the icon, which shows blue as the only option.  So now I'm stuck as to what could be the problem.

I the resources tab the icon is set to "replace if existing", which appears not to be working.  I have even re-booted the machine after the install.  

Problem exists so far on NT and 2k, just have not tested any other platforms yet.

Any Ideas????
Any help would be greatly appreciated as I have been at this for 2+day, and this is my first Windows IS project (at it about 1 week)

Thanks

Taco Bell

Taco Bell

IS6 Expert

• Moderators
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 05 November 2002 - 22:47

That's because Windows stupidly caches the icon contents of a shortcut, so check out this forum topic for more information.
user posted image