This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

problem while running in Silent installation mode

3 replies to this topic

kirankumar

kirankumar
  • Full Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 13:34

Hi all,

I have problem with my setup.exe while running in the silent mode,

while building the setup.exe i kept some files(vc-redistributable) in supportdir,
while running this setup.exe in silent mode with command line options(setup.exe /s /v/qn),
setup.exe is downloaded the vc-redistributable to temp folder and before running vc-redistributable it is deleting the vc-redistributable in temp folder,

in normal verbose mode its working fine(downloading and installing the vc-redistributable)

it is giving problem only when i run in silent mode,

Please give me suggestions how to execute the vc-redistributable in silent mode with my setup.exe.

Thanks in advanced for your help.

--kirankumar gt.

VBScab

VBScab
  • Full Members
  • 436 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 14:25

You probably have the Custom Action which you use to install the redist EXE running in the UI sequence. That sequence doesn't get executed in silent mode.

In any event, installing prerequisites in that way is frowned upon (apart from being in the wrong sequence). The Visual C runtimes are available as merge modules: use those.
- Don't know why 'x' happened? Want to know why 'y' happened? ProcMon will tell you.
- Try using http://www.google.com before posting.
- I answer questions only via forums. Please appreciate the time I give here and don't send me personal emails.

kirankumar

kirankumar
  • Full Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 14:55

Dear Vbscab,
Thanks For your reply,

I wasn't included the custom action in UI sequence,I kept in execute sequence

Can u suggest me which merge module to use for vcredist_x86.exe of version 6.0.3790.0 , i am useing the installshiled 11 profesitional.

I attched the bet map image of CA sequence.

Thanks,
kirankumar

Attached Images

• sequence.JPG

VBScab

VBScab
  • Full Members
  • 436 posts

Posted 17 July 2008 - 11:46

What, Google not working in your part of the world?

- As I recall, that EXE extracts an MSI which would convert nicely to a merge module.
- Doesn't InstallShield put a suitable MM into [ProgramFiles]Common Files\Merge Modules?
- When all else fails, go to horse's mouth here
- Don't know why 'x' happened? Want to know why 'y' happened? ProcMon will tell you.
- Try using http://www.google.com before posting.
- I answer questions only via forums. Please appreciate the time I give here and don't send me personal emails.