This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Uninstall Custom Action

7 replies to this topic

BobRouse

BobRouse
  • Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 11 July 2001 - 20:03

I have two custom actions that I want to run only when the user is uninstalling the product. One of the custom actions displays a dialog box asking for options, the other removes certain items (databases, etc.) based on the responses of the user.

As such, I put the one CA in the User Interface sequence and the other in the Execute sequence. They don't seem to be executing, although the failure of the second one may be due to the options not being set in the first one. I've tried setting the condition on them to
   Remove = "ALL"
I've also tried
   Remove <> ""
but to no avail.

Any help is appreciated. I'm particularly interested in knowing if it is even possible to put an action in the User Interface sequence for the uninstall. Also whether running the setup and selecting "Remove" -vs- using the Control Panel's Add/Remove Programs feature makes any difference.

Thanks,

Bob Rouse
Netuitive, Inc.

Irina

Irina
  • Members
  • 227 posts

Posted 12 July 2001 - 18:10

Hi,
I use the conditon REMOVE="ALL".
It works for me.
Try it!

Kelly Russell

Kelly Russell
  • Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 12 July 2001 - 18:20

I think the problem is the spaces in your expression. Pretty sure I ran into this myself. Drove me crazy :)

Leigh Ravenhall

Leigh Ravenhall
  • Members
  • 269 posts

Posted 12 July 2001 - 23:24

The REMOVE property needs to be capitalized.

BobRouse

BobRouse
  • Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 13 July 2001 - 22:23

Changing the case to UPPER and removing the spaces seems to have worked for the CA in the Execute sequence, but the CA in the User Interface sequence does not seem to be running. Any other suggestions?

Thanks.

Leigh Ravenhall

Leigh Ravenhall
  • Members
  • 269 posts

Posted 15 July 2001 - 23:40

Have you tried adding the custom action to the RemoveNow button on the ReadyToRemove dialog?

Gripper4Hire

Gripper4Hire
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 16 July 2001 - 23:06

Also note that if you use the REMOVE='ALL' condition in the ExecuteSequence, you might want to schedule it AFTER InstallValidate, as before InstallValidate, REMOVE property may not be set to this value.

BobRouse

BobRouse
  • Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 17 July 2001 - 16:35

Thanks to everyone for their suggestions. For what it's worth, I ended up using a solution that I got from another forum. I set the condition (for the Interface portion) to:
_IsMaintenance="Remove"
It all works great now. Thanks again...

Bob Rouse
Netuitive, Inc.