This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Reusing a Custom Dialog

2 replies to this topic

BobRouse

BobRouse
  • Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 07 May 2001 - 19:29

I am using InstallShield Professional WIE 2.0. I have created a custom dialog. It contains a login and masked password and I would like to use it several times in the install. I would like to:
a) Pre-load the text boxes in the dialog from the InstallScript.
b) Display the dialog box from the InstallScript.
c) Determine which button was clicked to close the dialog.
d) Retrieve the values from the text boxes.

Some questions:
1) Is this possible?
2) What do I use for the "Event" on the Back and Next buttons? If I get a Next, I may be loading the same dialog, with different values.
3) Since I have the text box text values "linked" to entries in the string table, can I change those values within the script (before loading up the box)? IE: Is it possible to change string table values "on the fly"?
4) Can I get the value of the button clicked (similar to using "SdShowDlgEdit2()") to determine my program flow?
5) The Custom Dialog functions refer to IDs for the dialog and controls. Where do I find these? The dialog is created within InstallShield.
6) Would the DLL to specify in EzDefineDialog() be "_isuser.dll"?

I know I'm asking a lot of questions here. Thanks in advance for any help.

rflum

rflum
  • Full Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 15 May 2001 - 19:20

1) Is this possible?   I think so: Create the dialog in the Dialog area of the IDE.  Define a unique property for each text box, set the property with an initial value in the script.  This property will be the variable that allows you to set and read entries.  When the dialog is shown for the 1st time, it will have the init values in it.
2) What do I use for the "Event"?  Use "NewDialog" for both.  If you want to change the values in the dialog before showing it again from a Next button, use DoAction event BEFORE (make sure it is above NewDialog in the event list) the NewDialog event.  You should specify the custom dialog as the argument to the NewDialog event.
3) Don't use string table entries; use the properties I talked about above.  Properties will give you all the capability you want.  Strings cannot be manipulated the way you want.
4)  Yes.  Make the 1st event, for each button you care about, DoAction a little function that gives you a value you pick for that button.
5 & 6) Don't use EZDefineDialog or Custom Dialog functions. Don't use any of those old IS functions (my opinion).  They are not designed well for what you want in the new IDE tool.
Hope this helps.....ask any more questions. Rob