This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

can i put a splash .bmp file up when setup.ese is clicked on

3 replies to this topic

Adam

Adam
  • Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 24 February 2001 - 00:06

i want our logo to pop up when they click on setup.exe

can anyone help
?????????????????????????????????????

SteveP

SteveP
  • Members
  • 126 posts

Posted 02 March 2001 - 17:41

Have you tried putting up a non-modal dialog that displays at the beginning of the execution sequence?

Adam

Adam
  • Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 14 March 2001 - 19:03

no can you explain how to do this?

SteveP

SteveP
  • Members
  • 126 posts

Posted 15 March 2001 - 23:37

There are a couple of options.

If you are running a setup.exe wrapper, you can deploy a form (e.g. a VB form) that simply sits there until you close the program.  If you don't display the form as VBModal or VBSystemModal, it will remain in the background.  Then you can keep the wrapper running until the MSI package completes.

If you want to put the display into the MSI package, then you can create a Dialog with whatever controls  you want to have on it ... typically a bitmap and some text ... size it appropriately, and initiate the display as the first thing in your InstallExecuteSequence.  Then add the decimal value 16 to the attributes of all your other dialogs (the setting keeps non-modal dialogs) so that they don't destroy the background.

There are some display challenges with the latter method that I have not completely worked out, but that will give you a starting point.

My method of doing this, by the way, is through direct manipulation of the MSI Dialog and Control tables.  I don't know how this works out with one of the third party packagers.