This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Using variable in installdir

1 reply to this topic

KKop

KKop
  • Full Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 03 August 2007 - 14:29

The install folder for my application depends on the location of another app (Apache Tomcat); it's installed in a subfolder of Tomcat.

In 'System Search', I look for the path of Tomcat in the registry, then store it in a variable (APACHELOCATION).

My problem comes when I want to use this variable to define the install directory for my app:

I tried modifying [INSTALLDIR] in the 'Product Properties' by using the [APACHELOCATION] variable, but that doesn't seem to work. How do I use this variable to create my install folder path (like so: [APACHELOCATION]\Webapps\Test)

Am I even on the right track here?

Confused...

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 14:45

Add a custom action type 51 (set a property) that sets INSTALLDIR to [APACHELOCATION] with a condition of APACHELOCATION (so that it only runs if APACHELOCATION was found). Insert it in the Install UI and Execute sequences, before CostInitialize.