This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Changing INSTALLDIR to directory outside of Progra

2 replies to this topic

hoopdev

hoopdev
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 April 2002 - 01:34

I am hoping that someone can help.  I am trying to change the default INSTALLDIR in the general information Project Properties window so that my installation is in the C drive.  Like C:/myinstall, but if I try to change this so that the [ProgramFilesFolder] is deleted, then the installation hangs and I get an error 1606.  Are there other settings that need to be changed to have the installation on the C drive?

Rakesh Gupta

Rakesh Gupta
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 27 April 2002 - 04:09

instead of changing the INSTALLDIR Value in Project properties, change its value in DESTINATION field of Feature and Components Panel.

Otherwise convert it to Standard project and then include following line in the SCRIPT

INSTALLDIR = "C:\<your target folder>";

I hope this will help you.
Rakesh Gupta[br]visit me

RiWo-Net

RiWo-Net
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 April 2002 - 11:30

Hi there,

my installation probably does what you want. The way I did it was use the installation-wizard, which added the appropriate information into the database.
From all I could see, the important point was setting INSTALLDIR inside the properties to C:\<myDir>, so maybe your mistake is elsewhere?!?

Anyway I don't see a need for deleting the <Programs> Folder.

Any more informations?  :0

Bye,
C. Palleske.