This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

IS X Basic MSI dialogs not 508 compliant

2 replies to this topic

jgoeke

jgoeke
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 23 August 2005 - 20:59

What's up with the welcome and finish box dialogs in basic MSI InstallShield dialogs? Both just display a blank white background in the main dialog area an no visible text, when in the "high contrast" display mode. This will never fly with windows logo certification.

My guess is they are using a solid white background image instead of system colors.

Anyone konw the best way to fix or get around this issue?

Thanks in advance!

---JHG
425-442-4617

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 24 August 2005 - 18:45

Indeed the white background is a bitmap. that's the only way in MSI to specify a background color other than the standard dialog background color (as far as I know). Workaround: remove the white background bitmap (actually it's one bitmap which consists of the left hand graphic and the white background, so you could crop the image to the size of the left hand graphic). As a result the background of your Welcome and Finish dialogs will be gray.

jgoeke

jgoeke
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 24 August 2005 - 20:49

Yep, that's what I ended up doing, replacing the default bitmap with a product branded one that only occupies the left area of the screen. Had to turn off "stretch" and change the width dimension to 120. Thanks for confirming the method.

Seems strange that InstallShield would ship this way being non-compliant with the high contrast windows logo requirements.

One additional note: InstallShield X would not build if I used the IDE to change the bitmap path. It kept saying the bitmap path was invalid, even though I used the browse button and it placed into the path the correct path variable name and all. I had to manually edit the project ism file with notepad and hand edit the path and filename of the dialog bitmap to get it to build.

Thanks again!
---JHG