This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Button DoAction CA (dll) not running

3 replies to this topic

Tifoid

Tifoid
  • Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 01 December 2004 - 22:50

I have a function defined in a C++ DLL setup as a custom action. The custom action works when it is called directly within the User Interface sequence. When I attach the custom action to a button in the GUI with a DoAction call it doesn't do anything. The MSI log states that it was started and that it returned 1, but none of the custom logging or popup dialogs (that are present when it is called directly in the sequence) happen. Any ideas?

Please note that I have tried attaching this custom action (via DoAction) to numerous button and none of them have worked.

Also I am working in InstallShield 10.0 SP1 ... could this have a bug?

Tifoid

Tifoid
  • Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 01 December 2004 - 23:39

I should also note that DoAction from a dialog button does work with a vbscript custom action.

luke_s

luke_s
  • Full Members
  • 532 posts

Posted 02 December 2004 - 03:15

What does your custom action do?

Is it of type 1?
Is it possible that something in side the custom action is crashing? I would place a message box at the begining of the code and see if that pops up or not.

Zweitze

Zweitze
  • Full Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 02 December 2004 - 10:27

You cannot log messages with MsiProcessMessage(INSTALLMESSAGE_INFO) when the CA is called by a ControlEvent.

I believe you can still log messages with script CAs, so a workaround would be creating a script action to log a property, and call MsiSetProperty/MsiDoAction in your CA.