This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Uninstall title/text

1 reply to this topic

rameshk01

rameshk01
  • Full Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 16 November 2006 - 06:22

This has probably been answered many times before. But I couldn't find it in the forums. So, please point me to if it has already been answered. Thanks in advance.

The question is, how to change the text/title in the dialog boxes during uninstall. I am talking about the standard uninstall dialogs and not any custom dialogs. I am using VS .Net Deployment project to create my MSI and then am using VB scripts to customize it. So, what I am looking for is a solution using VB script to change the text during uninstall.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 16 November 2006 - 09:02

If your setup runs in full UUI mode: You could use a proeprty in the dialog title, and change the value of this property duing uninstall. But: you don't know that it's an uninstall (and not a repair, update, etc.) until the user selects the uninstall option (does VS add a dialog where users can select uninstall, or what happens if you launch your setup a second time?)
If the uninstall is invoked from the Add/Remove Programs control panel, then your setup runs in Basic UI mode and there's nothing you can customize.