This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

How to return information from a parcel

No replies to this topic

deramor

deramor
  • Full Members
  • 187 posts

Posted 20 October 2017 - 20:45

Hello,

I have a Suite project with a number of parcels or installers in it.  They are a combination of PRQs, MSI installers, and setup.exe files.

I would like to use path information in one or more of the individual MSI parcels as data for properties in the suite project.  This data can be variable so I need to get the values and use them at runtime.

I know you can set up your feature tree using a complicated Parcel GUID:PackageCode combination but I don't see any way to retrieve directory entries or properties from parcels.

What I will be using this data for is to set Suite ARP properties such as the Readme link.  I can get this information from reading the registry.  Would an Installscript Event be able to accomplish this for me?  And what is involved in making an event?  I am used to making CAs in Basic MSI projects but not anything similar in Suite UI projects.  I see that I have access to the functions:

SuiteFormatString   SuiteGetProperty   SuiteLogInfo   SuiteResolveString   SuiteSetProperty

however I do not see any property to change that would set the ARP Readme entry.

Any thoughts?