This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

sub install hang when using DoInstall

3 replies to this topic

vandy

vandy
  • Full Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 17:31

Hello,
We have and umbrella installer which has calls to several child installers. We use DoInstall to call the sub installer.
nvStatus = DoInstall(svScript, svArguments, WAIT);
The situation occuring is that the subinstaller completes but does not return to the main installer.. It hangs for some time after the timeout, we show the error. We do see that everything from the child installer is completed successfully.. So can't figure out why its hanging..

also used a custom function similar to LaunchAppandWait which we use in another place.. but get similar result ie the sub installer completes install but does not return to the main installer.

Anybody else seen that?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

thanks,
Vandy

Taco Bell

Taco Bell

IS6 Expert

• Moderators
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 12 December 2007 - 16:01

I have a several child installers in my setups, but sorry to say I've never encountered this issue. However, since a lot of them are 3rd party setups, I always use LaunchAppAndWait instead of DoInstall.

I would recommend you try calling this child setup from a blank setup project in order to simplify things and reduce the possible causes.
user posted image

vandy

vandy
  • Full Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 December 2007 - 10:44

Thanks for the reply taco Bell. The places where we are using do Install are not third party setups but other installshield projects. (the call is to another setup.inx). Can we use LauchAppandWait there as well?

Taco Bell

Taco Bell

IS6 Expert

• Moderators
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 13 December 2007 - 22:57

I figured as such since that's what DoInstall is intended to support is other InstallShield setups.

However, LaunchAppAndWait should work equally well, so give it a try.
user posted image