This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

MSI to exe conversion

1 reply to this topic

towhoforwhat

towhoforwhat
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 July 2002 - 16:18

I am trying to convert the Microsoft Firewall Client MSI package to an exe file. I can't get the MSI file to execute with scriptit because I am getting an error message which says invalid command line paramaters. I am running Win2000. I was wondering if there is any way to convert the Firewall Client MSI package to an exe file. Thanks!

hambone

hambone
  • Members
  • 206 posts

Posted 19 July 2002 - 16:36

on the subject of converting an msi to an exe you can use the the WISE Package Studio to capture the installation and make an exe.  this is called re-packaging and you have to be careful to remove any extraneous captured information from the install.

your problem might be related to the need for a bit of additional information when running the MSIExec from the script.  when you doble click on a msi it using the information in the file association to supply these parameters.  

does your script use the following type format (without quotes)?
msiexec /I"name of msi here"

it is the /I parameter that tells the MSI Service what to do.  this is the minimal requirement...