This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

The classic problem :)

4 replies to this topic

gloom

gloom
  • Full Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 17 November 2004 - 12:56

For a minor update I pass "REINSTALLMODE=vomus REINSTALL=ALL" parameters.
Now I have two situations:
When the product installed, the setup reinstalls installed features.. BUT without main dialogs! (License, Maintenance, CustomSetup, etc.)
When the product is not installed, an other problem appears: all features is expanded!

This project made on an old InstalShield for Windows Installer 1.5

Where is the problem: dialogs, conditions, ISWI 1.5 itself or something else?
Please help me to find it..

Edited by gloom, 18 November 2004 - 04:33.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 18 November 2004 - 09:08

Which dialogs are displayed depend on the condition for the dialog, which are set in the UI sequence.

gloom

gloom
  • Full Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 18 November 2004 - 13:43

Vielen Dank! Es funktioniert! smile.gif

gloom

gloom
  • Full Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 19 November 2004 - 12:23

But.. Why "REINSTALL=ALL" parameter drops all features, when the product installs for the first time?
And "SetInstallLevel=100" is ignored.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 19 November 2004 - 14:31

REINSTALL=ALL instructs Windows Installer to re-install all features that have been installed previously (it doesn't change feature selection). In a first time install no features are already installed, and so REINSTALL re-installs exactly that: nothing. Solution: don't set REINSTALL in a first time install.
BTW this is also documented in the help about REINSTALL. You may also want to look at the documentation for minor updates in SMI help, and at the MSI Updates page here on InstallSite.