This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

.NET Framework included in Setup.exe Problem

4 replies to this topic

Superfreak3

Superfreak3
  • Full Members
  • 437 posts

Posted 26 January 2005 - 17:41

I tried including the .NET Framework install in the Setup.exe (and copied from source) and I noticed one thing. It uses v1.0.3705 of the Framework.

Is there any way of making this work for .NET 1.1? Is there a file I can download and place in a certain directory on my build machine to simply replace the older version, which would then be included?

I would think this latest version would be included in IS 10.5, but we're not ready to make the leap to that yet.

Any help is GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks!

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 27 January 2005 - 12:09

In the release wizard, on the .NEt Framework panel, you can select whether to include the 1.0 or 1.1 version of the framework.

Superfreak3

Superfreak3
  • Full Members
  • 437 posts

Posted 27 January 2005 - 20:46

Oops! Missed that.

I see you can set command line parameters for Dotnetfx.exe. Is there any way to make it silent?

Superfreak3

Superfreak3
  • Full Members
  • 437 posts

Posted 27 January 2005 - 22:25

In playing around with the Release wizard, I see that you can enter arguements for the dotnetfx.exe. If I run this .exe independent of our install, the following parameters give a completely silent install of the Framework: /q /c:"install /q".

However, if I use that string in the wizard, I get invalid command line parameters at runtime. ???

I also wonder if you can somehow bypass the InstallShield message asking if .NET should be installed or not. In other words, I would like to force the installation of .NET and eliminate that user interaction as well.

Does the .NET Framework install included with Developer 8 (SP2) contain service pack 2?

RichM

RichM
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 January 2005 - 19:34

@superfreak3

that command line works in my install for dotnetfx.exe... this is for 1.1 right?
yes you can make it install silently (without asking) - in the properties of Media\Releases\Product Configuration\Release there is an option called "Display .NET Option Dialog" - it defaults to Yes, change it to No.

Edited by RichM, 28 January 2005 - 19:38.

Microsoft MVP - Windows Server - Directory Services

user posted image