This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Temporary files

2 replies to this topic

Rachel

Rachel
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 November 2001 - 00:06

I am using InstallShield Express Ver 3 and my custom DLL requires access to files that I do not want installed on the Target machine. Is there any provision to make support files available during the Install process and cleaned after the installation is complete ? At which stage of building the setup do I specify this ? In which directory will the files be available to me ?

santosh

santosh
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 November 2001 - 09:25

Include all the required files into a  .z file.Decompress the .z file into windows\temp directory and then try to access the files from there. After the installation is complete delete the folder. deletion of the files should be done at the end of the setup script.

Jim S

Jim S
  • Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 28 November 2001 - 15:34

You can select Support Files under the section "Define Setup Requirements and Actions." InstallShield will automatically clean them up at the end of the install.

If you are using the "Classic" DLL style, SupportDir is passed in as the 3rd parameter.