This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

how to hide a background window!!!

7 replies to this topic

thanatos83

thanatos83
  • Full Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 00:37

HI ALL...

My project is installscript under installshield 2010, I add billboards to project in "Support Files/billboards" --> language independent.

Well now i enable "OnShowUI" background but when in run the setup, i see the dialog welcome and in background is set to color "green".

Please, anyone known to hide this background green? and then when install you only see the billboard and not the background green?

thanks... i attached the image for sample.

Attached Images

• background.png

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 11:03

From the help:
Billboards are displayed in InstallScript and InstallScript MSI installations only if a background window is enabled.

This means, the background window is required (the billboards are displayed on the background window).
You can however change the color of the background window using the SetColor(BACKGROUND,RGB (..., ..., ...)) function.

thanatos83

thanatos83
  • Full Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 12:18

Hi Stefan !

That's correct, the requisite to show billboard is enable background... so i think the only way to show properly billboards is to resize the background and show billboard on center screen...

I'll prove it, and finally show billboard with the same size as the main background so this background its behind and only i see the billboard.

but the problem is the billboard shows at UPPER_LEFT corner and i set to CENTERED but when installing files disapeared billboard. :S

// To place billboard.
Enable (BACKGROUND);
SizeWindow (BACKGROUND, 800, 600);
PlaceWindow (BACKGROUND, CENTERED, CENTERED, CENTERED);

Taco Bell

Taco Bell

IS6 Expert

• Moderators
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 18:04

Based on your desired results, I would say you're using the wrong approach.

Billboards are displayed during the file transfer process whereas a Splash Screen is displayed throughout the installation.

Therefore, I would see about see switching approaches. Hope it helps.
user posted image

thanatos83

thanatos83
  • Full Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 00:39

Hi Taco !

You refer the function "OnMoving" ?

So i prove this:

CODE
// Moving data
Enable( BACKGROUND );
SetColor( BACKGROUND, RGB( 0, 128, 128 ) );
SizeWindow (BACKGROUND, 800, 600);
PlaceWindow (BACKGROUND, 0, 0, CENTERED);

Well, when installing files, has the same issue at UPPER_LEFT corner. PlaceWindow does not move background to center screen :S

I don't know how to fix this... because i think the metod of show splash screen is the correct to do.

Sorry i confused :S

Edited by thanatos83, 10 March 2010 - 01:10.

Taco Bell

Taco Bell

IS6 Expert

• Moderators
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 15:26

It would seem like you need to use PlaceWindow to move the billboard and not the background, but again, I think you'd have better results with the splash screen.
user posted image

thanatos83

thanatos83
  • Full Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 20:49

Hi Taco, finally i get to show a billboard in foreground and the green background is behind.

The problem was that i needed to use (GetExtents) to take the ratio from screen and then resize the resolution.

After this, I fixed the position of background and billboard to centered.

So if you divide the ratio from screen (x and y) to /2, you get center the screen...

this is really?

Thanks for help smile.gif

Taco Bell

Taco Bell

IS6 Expert

• Moderators
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 15:50

You're welcome thanatos and I'm glad you got it working.
user posted image