This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Setting Protocols for ODBC

1 reply to this topic

Xitch13

Xitch13
  • Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 13 June 2002 - 17:37

I'm adding ODBC to my server installations.  Under our new version of software,  all the system DSN connections protocols are listed as "Other".  What's odd about this is that the previous version of the installer would automatically set them to TCP/IP.  I've check my host machine(where I do my builds), all of these connections are listed as TCP/IP.  Now the previous version of our installer was first built using a 5.x version of InstallShield.  The newest installer started as 6.x (InstalledShield)and is now 6.3.
Now on to the question:  Is there a way to force an ODBC to use TCP/IP?
There is great chaos under heaven, and the situation is excellent. (Mao Tse Tung)

Xitch13

Xitch13
  • Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 27 June 2002 - 20:21

Solved my own problem by playing with the registry.  When in doubt - hack.  I used the following command to Change the registry of MS SQL Server

Code Sample
RegDBSetKeyEx("Software\\Microsoft\\MSSQLServer\\Client\\ConnectTo", ".", REGDB_STRING, "DBMSSOCN, .", -1);

Note:  You'll have to set the default root to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE before you issue the above comman
There is great chaos under heaven, and the situation is excellent. (Mao Tse Tung)