This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Patch Validation errors

3 replies to this topic

jhlakshman

jhlakshman
  • Full Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 14:31

Hi

I need to generate a patch and I am using patch tool msimsp.exe to create the patch and found that the patch is not proper though created successfully.

Command used

"MSIMSP.exe -s patch.pcp -p " & "patch.msp -l patchcreation.log"

This creates a log but it doesnt generate any errors in the log file about the Removal of files .

But when I build the same patch using Installshield it creates a build log andgives the following errors and later I found that some of the files are deleted in the latest package .

ISDEV : error Val0006: the component is missing in the newer version of the setup.

How to generate the same errors in patch log using msimsp.exe?

Thanks,
Lakshman

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 16:35

InstallShield has some validation tools that the SDK tools don't have.

jhlakshman

jhlakshman
  • Full Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 11:17

Thanks for the reply Stefan. Is it possible to use the Installshield tools to generate the same set of error validations using commandline?

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 11:48

I'm not sure if validation can be performed from the command line if it's not an InstallShield project. I don't think it validates the .msp or .pcp but it compared the two msi files to detect that a component has been removed.