This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Making self extracting exe silent

2 replies to this topic

prozacrefugee

prozacrefugee
  • Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 07 October 2002 - 20:41

I'm sure this has been asked here before, so my apologies:

I need to bundle a 3rd party product (sun's JRE), but the only available install is a InstallShield self extracting exe.  Is there a way to call this silently, or a way to get to the extracted files so I can access Setup.exe?

Taco Bell

Taco Bell

IS6 Expert

• Moderators
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 08 October 2002 - 00:03

You need to pass additional paramaters to call it silently.  Here's a copy of the PackageForTheWeb help for the specifics:

You may also pass command line options to the executable file within a package in silent mode. This suppresses any run-time dialogs built into the package. To use this method, specify the -s option first, followed by -a, and then specify any additional command line options. Separate each option with a space.

For example:

Mypackage.exe -s -a -x

You can also get to extracted files by clearing out your temporay directory (i.e. C:\Document and Settings\<LoginName>\Temp), starting up the setup, and then copying the resulting temporary setup files.  They'll probably be under an oddly named subdirectory of the previously mentioned temporary location.

user posted image

prozacrefugee

prozacrefugee
  • Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 08 October 2002 - 01:34

Thanks!  
<exe> -a -s did the trick perfectly!