This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Delete a feature in a Major upgrade

5 replies to this topic

aarthi_m

aarthi_m
  • Full Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 29 November 2007 - 16:31

I have version 1.0 of a product which has feature A and feature B. There is version 2.0 of the same product which only contains feature 2. Feature A is deleted in this new version.

I install both the features as part of Version 1.0. Now, i do a MAJOR UPGRADE from version 1.0 to 2.0. Will the feature A get uninstalled as it is not part of version 2.0?

KathyMorey

KathyMorey
  • Full Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 30 November 2007 - 15:10

Yes, a major upgrade does an uninstall and then an install, so your obsolete feature should be removed.
Kathy Morey
Synergy Software Engineer
ProfitStars, a Jack Henry Company
kmorey@profitstars.com

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 30 November 2007 - 15:37

Yes it should.

aarthi_m

aarthi_m
  • Full Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 03 December 2007 - 08:03

Thanks for the reply. Is there a way of avoiding the uninstall of the obsolete feature?

Zweitze

Zweitze
  • Full Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 03 December 2007 - 12:27

Include the apparently-not-so-obsolete feature in version 2.0.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 07 December 2007 - 18:23

Another option would be changing the Major Upgrade settings. If the "Remove" column in the "Upgrade" table is empty, all features will be uninstalled. You can instead enter a comma delimited list of the features that should be removed during the upgrade. This will however leave the old versioon listed in Add/Remove Programs control panel because the old version is still partially installed.