This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Upgrade won't run from CD

2 replies to this topic

mapitman

mapitman
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 May 2003 - 23:04

I have an MSI that works fine for a clean install when run from CD or hard disk. However, when it is run as an upgrade of an earlier version, and started from the CD, it fails with the following error:

Internal Error 2755. 1639, D:\MyInstall.msi

The log file has some other interesting info:

MSI (s) (1C:64): Running product '{MyPackage'sGUID}' with user privileges: It's not assigned.
Info 1639.Invalid command line argument. Consult the Windows Installer SDK for detailed command line help.

When run from the hard disk, the "with user privileges" changes to "with elevated privileges".

I am running the setup as Administrator in both cases. This is happening on Windows 2K and XP, haven't tried it on anything else.

Both the previous version and the current version of the application include the MSDE 2000 SP3 Merge Modules. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Mark

dlphillips1

dlphillips1
  • Full Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 March 2004 - 06:09

I have a similar problem. Did you ever get resolution to this ?

mapitman

mapitman
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 March 2004 - 17:26

I don't think I ever got a resolution to this problem. I have since made major changes to the setup and I don't see this error any more. Sorry I can't be more specific, I just don't really know what fixed the problem!