This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

per-user registry entries & shortcut

1 reply to this topic

garnold

garnold
  • Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 30 March 2001 - 21:04

My installation is always installed on a "per-user" basis.  In other words, each user that logs on to a single machine must install our product separately.  To do this, in IPWI 2.03 I set the ApplicationUsers property to OnlyCurrentUser.  Most of the files get installed to the same location on the computer (e.g. C:\Program Files\MyApp).  The registry entries and shortcut should be installed for the current user only.

My problem:  When the first user installs, the shortcuts and registry entries are created correctly (shortcut under the current user Startup group and registry entries under HKEY_CURRENT_USER).  However, when subsequent users install the product, the registry entries are not created and the shortcut is not added.

How can I make my registry entries and shortcuts be created for the current user?

Greg