This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Silent Installers

1 reply to this topic

Donzer

Donzer
  • Full Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 15 May 2008 - 14:13

Hi

I have a small installer that I have been running silently to install a new font on the system. I have released this as a silent install as I shouldn't really need any user intervention to install something so small.

I am having problems however, as this seems to work on only a small portion of my customers desktop machines. There is no error reported (that I have seen) - We just know there is a problem as we can see the font doesn't exist on the system.

There seems to be no pattern as to why this installs on some machines, but not on others, within the same office environment.

Are there any specifics that would stop a silent install from running, i.e. Do the users need to be logged on as administrators on their local desktop machines etc.,

Looking for a prompt reply please (boss is breathing down the old neck)

Thanks heaps
Donna (Glasgow)

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 19:41

Generate a log file to see what's going on. Or look in the event log, maybe there a msi error.