This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Cannot stream the file into the Binary table -1024

1 reply to this topic

narusegawa

narusegawa
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 August 2005 - 12:26

During a build I get the following error, but Macrovision are unable/unresponsive to answer why and fix it. I've included DatabaseSelect.exe into the INSTALLDIR and is set to ALWAYS INSTALL. I later on have a CustomAction on "After setup complete successful dialog" to run this binary from [INSTALLDIR]\DatabaseSelect.exe and the dropdown is "Installed With Product" too.

Any idea's?

BBControl table successfully built
Billboard table successfully built
ISEXP : error -1024: File [INSTALLDIR]\DatabaseSelect.exe not found. Cannot stream the file into the Binary table
Binary table successfully built
CompLocator table successfully built

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 17 August 2005 - 21:39

If your custom action is of type EXE stored in Binary table then you must specify the path to the exe file on your development system, not on the target system. Otherweise use EXE installed with the product.
If you had the first and then switched to the second: I guess there's a reference to the exe file left in the Binary table. Go to Direct Editor > Binary Table and drop the offending row. (InstallShield sometimes forgets to delete Binary tabel entries when your remove a custom action)