This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Install shield Enable(HourGlass)

3 replies to this topic

Bharani Reddy

Bharani Reddy
  • Full Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 May 2016 - 09:22

Hi,

I have a setup where setup is taking little longer time to install. So i wanted to show the user wait cursor to the mouse pointer.

When i searched on the forums, Enable(HOURGLASS); is shown as the solution for this.

But i am not knowing where to write this in install shield.

Please anyone help me in this.

Thanks in advance,

Bharani.

deramor

deramor
  • Full Members
  • 187 posts

Posted 18 May 2016 - 16:31

Assuming you know where or what step is taking the most of your time, you can write 2 Installscript custom actions that run before and after the step.

The first would simply contain Enable(HOURGLASS);

The second: Disable(HOURGLASS);

Assuming the step that is taking a long time for you is part of the InstallExecute Sequence ( part that does the system changes ), you will need to make these custom actions as deferred which is important.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 24 May 2016 - 11:46

It might be better to show a modeless dialog, similar to the SetupProgress dialog. Or if your custom action is set to "deferred" you can add it to the progress dialog by adding an entry to the ActionText table in Direct Editor.

smitaninad

smitaninad
  • Full Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 December 2016 - 13:31

Hi,

I have a setup where setup is taking little longer time to install. So i wanted to show the user wait cursor to the mouse pointer.

When i searched on the forums, Enable(HOURGLASS); is shown as the solution for this.

But i am not knowing where to write this in install shield.

Please anyone help me in this.

Thanks in advance,

Bharani.

Hi Bharani , I am also trying to use this but unable to succeed. WOuld u mind sharing your contact details so that I can talk with you.