This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

InstallShield 9 not working on Windows7

1 reply to this topic

dodoSturm

dodoSturm
  • Full Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 10:54

Hi,

I have a problem here regarding Install Shield 9 on Windows 7. I have an .ism project where I extract an icon from an executable. Everything works correctly on Windows XP. I copied the files on Windows 7 and I get this error when I build the project:

ISDEV: error -3204: Cannot extract icon with index -XXX from file YYYY.exe for icon _GUID

This happens in standalone build too.

The YYYY.exe file is there and the icon with resource ID XXX exists in the exe file. In fact everything works OK when I do this on Windows XP, when I use the same on Windows 7 it does not work.

I cannot upgrade to newer version of Install Shield, I have to use Install Shield 8.

Any ideas how to get this working on Windows 7
Thanks for your help.

Dorel Sturm

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 11:51

This might be a permission problem, or a change in a Windows API.
Remeber that InstallShield Developer 8 and InstallShield DevStudio 9 (you mention both versions in your post) are quite old and no longer supported - and they never officially supported Vista or Win 7. So if you really need to use those old versions I suggest you also keep using them on an old version of Windows. You could do this in a virtual PC or "XP Mode" of Windows 7.