This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

ODBC Resources in ISWI !!?

2 replies to this topic

calenkl

calenkl
  • Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 25 January 2002 - 03:50

Dear All,

i need to add several DSNs into my project...
So i added it into my project by using the ODBC Resources... (not Component View)....but wat i found is, these DSNs r not removed once i uninstalled the package...?? i checked the Help for ISWI, it is documented that we can choose either to delete DSN or not somewhere, but where ? i can;t find any related check boxes or watsoever to select this options....

hence, i tried another method, to create it in the Component View, this time different, you might have to installed with ur DSN file, says a Access file together with the DSN, i did it.

but i found that the DSN is not installed or configured in my computer....the Access file is there of coz....

so, may i know how can i create my DSNs in a proper way with the ability to remove it when i uninstall my application ??

Thanx for every brilliant ideas !!

gunaveluj

gunaveluj
  • Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 31 January 2002 - 06:08

Go to the component containing your DSN and set the Permanent property to No.

calenkl

calenkl
  • Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 31 January 2002 - 07:59

hello, thanx for ur reply anyway....
i tried on the method u told me, it doesn't work....
not sure whether isthe way i install it....

i create this DSN Resources by using the ODBC Resources View, but not the component view.

Thanx anyway...