This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

How to show License Agreement text in the installation???

3 replies to this topic

Nika

Nika
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 09 November 2001 - 09:45

Install Shield 7.0 Developer
How to show License Agreement text in the installation??? When I add the rtf-file to the Setup Files, Windows Installer send the error during the unstallation:

Runtime Error!
Program: D:WINNT\System32\MSIEXEC.EXE
abnormal program termination

How to decide this problem? Can I include the text of License Agreement to setup without adding file to Setup Files?

ObjectCentric

ObjectCentric
  • Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 15 November 2001 - 20:31

You mentioned that the file is in RTF format. Make sure that it is in ANSI TXT format for best results. Make sure to check your paths and that the file exists before you make the function call to Show Dialog.
-=OC

Nika

Nika
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 16 November 2001 - 08:52

I did it, but without result. :(

ObjectCentric

ObjectCentric
  • Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 16 November 2001 - 15:52

Test this out on your system, put the license.txt (ANSI-TXT) in your Disk1 and then edit the code below to match the bottom... this way we know your source and there is no logical reason why it wouldn't be working... step through and let me know what your results are... it sounds to me that the text file is being lost, or at least its location is..
Dlg_SdLicense:
szLicenseFile = SRCDIR^"license.txt";
nResult    = SdLicense( szTitle2, szMsg2, szQuestion, szLicenseFile );
if (nResult = BACK) goto Dlg_SdWelcome;

Regards,
-=OC

...PS: According to IS:"The text in szLicenseFile should contain hard returns after lines with more 1,024 characters. The text from this file is read into string lists at 1,024-byte intervals. If the text from szLicenseFile does not contain hard returns, the words may wrap inside the SdLicense dialog box with unexpected results. "