This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Modify/Repair/Remove

3 replies to this topic

vijijs

vijijs
  • Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 17 January 2006 - 11:16

I have the requirement that my installshield build should always perform the install operaiion eventhough already installed version is available. It it is already installed and the user again trying to install the build it should not prompt the user to select Modify/Repair/Remove instead it should overwrite the exisiting install. Please advice me ASAP.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 19 January 2006 - 13:51

In Installation Designer view go to General Information > Project Properties. In the properties grid set Maintenance Experience to No uninstall or maintenance

vijijs

vijijs
  • Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 19 January 2006 - 15:56

Already I set the General Information->Project Properties-> Enable Maintenance as No. When I rerun the setup.exe, it is not showing the modify/repair screen but showing a message box with the message "Are you want to completely remove "ICMS Master Script" and all its features?". I dont want to show this message and it should not be displayed and should work like first time installation. How to do that? Please answer me ASAP.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 20 January 2006 - 16:44

maybe one of the solutions described at http://www.installsi.../isp_uninst.htm would help you?