This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

getting previous installation directories

1 reply to this topic

asvijab

asvijab
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 December 2004 - 10:50

Hi,

I'm using installscript multi-instance project. How do I get the list of previous installations in the installscript? I can see these directories listed in the first dialog prompting for a fresh installation or a maintenance by selecting the previous installation. I could not figure out how to access this list of previous installations , in my install script.

Also which is this dialog that comes at the very beginning of the setup prompting for a fresh installation or a maintenance setup ? I could not find this dialog in the 'user interface' section in the Install shield X, so that I can customize this dialog.
Please tell me if I can avoid this dialog in the beginning and get the previous installation directory list through the installscript.

ifthenelse

ifthenelse
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 19 April 2005 - 08:51

MediaGetDataEx ( MEDIA, MEDIA_FIELD_TARGETDIR , nvResult, svResult, bCheckStringTable );

MEDIA_FIELD_TARGETDIR Retrieves the value of TARGETDIR that you specified in the Product Properties view. The value is returned in svResult.