This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

INSTALLDIR Value

1 reply to this topic

tdgebbie27

tdgebbie27
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 February 2002 - 21:46

I wanted to know can you find the value of INSTALLDIR property on the local system.  Example I install my product on the system then I want to know what the value of the INSTALLDIR property is, I was thinking it was in the msi file that was stored locally in c:\winnt\installer by I was not able to find it their or in the register under the install key or uninstall key where the product information is stored.

Any ideas?

druben

druben
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 08 February 2002 - 22:16

During the installation, set ARPINSTALLLOCATION to INSTALLDIR using a Custom Action (Set a Property - Type 51). The install will set the location into the registry for use in the Add/Remove program details of the product. You can find the value "InstallLocation" created in the uninstall key for your installation in the following path in the registry: HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall