This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Val0012 Error

1 reply to this topic

ShortcutsPacker

ShortcutsPacker
  • Full Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 08:19

I use Installshield 11.5

We have a new subfeature which our developers want us to package in our installer. This new subfeature is supposed to be optional. That is, if a customer is doing an upgrade we do not want this subfeature to be installed. We only ever want this subfeature to be installed when the user explicitly goes through the Add/Remove Program's Wizard and modify the installation through there.

So we deployed this feature... where the following settings have been set as follows:

- Remote Installation = Favor Local
- Install Level = 300
- Required = No

Now all of that works fine except that after we have packaged our install... and we run a upgrade validation from our previous production build to this build we get a VAL0012 error.

This error reports the following:

Validator: Val0012
Severity: Error
Message: The validation engine has detected the new feature 'IntegrationService'. This feature must have the 'Follow Parent' and 'Required' attributes set in order to install in an upgrade scenario.
Ref. Pkg: \\scbnefs1\randd_builds\release builds\pointofsale\7.3\7.3.1800.30666\asiapacific\autobuild\diskimages\pos 7.3.1800.30666 au\shortcuts point of sale 7.3.msi

Now I understand what the error is telling me... that in an upgrade scenario the this subfeature will not be installed... fine i can live with that... but why an error?

How do i get rid of this error at the same time ensure that this new subfeature... is optional?

Regards
Abrar

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 11:53

Since in your case this is the desirted behaviour, you could simply ignore the error.