This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Why is it asking for an Office Disk?

3 replies to this topic

mishbri

mishbri
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 February 2004 - 21:16

I've got a MSI package that I've developed, however when one of my clients attempt to install this package, they are prompted with an error:

'The path 'Microsoft Office 2000 Professional' cannot be found. Verify that you have access to this location and try again, or try to find the installation package 'data1.msi' in a folder from which you can install the product Microsoft Office 2000 SR-1 Professional.'

I am in no way installing Office. Any idea why this might be happening?

Thanks so much in advance for your help.

Zweitze

Zweitze
  • Full Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 25 February 2004 - 09:40

Does your Setup try to detect Office?
Maybe it forces a repair or install on demand of an office feature.

For instance, if you try to detect Office by doing
CreateObject("Word.Application")
the Installer may be activated, and try to repair Office.
This can also happen if you access a file or registry key, that happens to be a key path in Office 2000 setup.

mishbri

mishbri
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 February 2004 - 14:21

I don't do any of that.

This box originally had the windows installer uninstalled (and the user deleted all files out of the \winnt\installer directory.) Do you think it could be caused by an incomplete installation of the installer?

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 25 February 2004 - 14:40

This could be a side effect of updating the MSI runtime (Office 2000 was installed with MSI 1).
You may find additionla information in the Windows Event Log.