This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Eject CD

4 replies to this topic

jive02

jive02
  • Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 22 May 2002 - 15:37

Hi,

I need to be able to prompt the user if he ejects the cd during filetransfer and let him continue if he inserts the disc again. Is there some way to do that?
- jonas

jive02

jive02
  • Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 29 May 2002 - 15:05

So noone have a clue how to do this? I must be able to capture the event of a file-transfer being interrupted?
- jonas

MKaiser

MKaiser
  • Full Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 29 May 2002 - 16:53

I think there's no way to realise this...I mean how many cd-drives and cd-rom's do you wanna destroy for such purposes? Normally you can't eject the CD from the CD-Rom drive while setup is copying data from the CD to the pc because the drive is locked and a push on the eject button does not work hence...anyway this is a more theoretical approach from me....just to give you a hint that such tests are rather useless...

jive02

jive02
  • Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 30 May 2002 - 15:47

I think it silly too. But to pass the quality-check our producer put all products through, we must have a solution for it. It has to be fool-proof.
- jonas

Taco Bell

Taco Bell

IS6 Expert

• Moderators
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 01 June 2002 - 00:15

Well that sucks then.

I know other programs I use, like CD rippers and CD burners, are able to lock the drive, so there's a way to do it, but I couldn't begin to tell you how.  Although you'll probably have to resort to writing a C++ program of something which does it for you.  Check the web and maybe you can find some example code along these lines.

I wish you success.  Later.
user posted image