This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

TEMPPATH property in silentinstallation

2 replies to this topic

Srimathy

Srimathy
  • Full Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 07:54

Hi friends,
I had created a basic MSI project using VbScript. I had included a property called "TEMPPATH" to retrieve the tempfolder path. I run my product in Windows Server 2008 operating system.
I found the value of the property "TEMPPATH" is retrieving the correct value in case of GUI type of installation(It included the special folder also(temp/1). Where as during Silent mode of installation, the value is not retrieved correctly. During silent installation its not acquiring the current session and the property "TEMPPATH" is neglecting the special folder(till temp only).
Can any one help me why this behaviour occurs only in silent mode of installation.

Thanks in advance

dsailesh

dsailesh
  • Full Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 12:12

In silent installation, the GUI sequence is skipped.
You can schedule the Vbscript action in Execute sequence also along with UI sequence.
May be you can provide more details as to how you are retrieving the TEMP folder. What type of Custom Action, where are you scheduling it etc

Srimathy

Srimathy
  • Full Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 16:47

Hai dsailesh,
Thank you. I had retrieved the TEMPPATH using GetSpecialFolder API. And i had added an immediate customaction for executing in execute sequence. Now the problem has been resolved. Thank you somuch:-)