This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Run-Time error 1008

4 replies to this topic

kfraser

kfraser
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 February 2002 - 22:28

I am trying to compile a script (setup.rul) using the InstallShield Script Compiler v3.00.071. The odd thing about this is that it will compile this file correctly on a coworker's pc (Win95) but it fails with the following errors on my Win95 pc (1008: 'PROGRAMFILES' Syntax error. Unexpected token encountered." and "1008: 'FOLDER_STARTMENU' Syntax error. Unexpected token encountered." Unfortunately the coworker no longer works here so I can't ask if he has made any customizations of the compiler program. Can you help me? Do you have any suggestions on how I can fix this, barring installing a newer version of the InstallShield software?

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 27 February 2002 - 11:01

#Moderation Mode

First: this is not a runtime error, but a build time error.
Second: InstallShield Professional 3 didn't use MSI technology.
Therefore I'm moving this question to the "Other" forum

Moved here

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 27 February 2002 - 11:05

You may be missing some include files (or their content is wrong), or your paths may be wrong, or you may be using a different version of InstallShield than the author of the script, or InstallShield 3 may not be properly installed on your build machine. (I think that copying the compiler.exe is not enough)

kfraser

kfraser
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 February 2002 - 19:48

Hi,

Thank you for posting this in the correct place! Sounds like several things may be wrong. First, the software was just copied to the other pcs and second I don't believe any paths were modified.  The best place for me to start would be to install the InstallShield software on the other pcs and try to compile again.

Q: Is it still possible to download a copy of InstallShield 3 from your website?

Thanks for your help!

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 28 February 2002 - 22:06

This web site (installsite.org) is not the official web site of InstallShield Software Corp. There never was a downloadable version of InstallShield Professional 3 on this site.

The official web site is at http://www.installshield.com . But I don't think you'll find a download there, for two reasons: IS3 was a commercial product, not a free download. And it has long been superseded by newer versions and news products. The most similar product is InstallShield Professional 6.3, the very latest is InstallShield Developer 7.0. If you need an old IS3 you can try and contact InstallShield, maybe they have some old copy they can send you. But I suggest you try to find your old IS3 CD.