This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

set property value from string table from dialog

2 replies to this topic

gelya

gelya
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 March 2004 - 10:46

Hi all,

I have Multilanguage installation and make some properties to be localized. There is no problem to initialize the property to the specific value from the string table via Property manager. But in case I want to set property by clicking “Next” button on the dialog I don’t success to input to the argument specific value from the string table. I tried to write to the argument following syntax ## NEW_STRING1## or {NEW_STRING1} but it doesn’t work.

May be somebody know what is the correct syntaxes?

TIA, Gelya

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 01 March 2004 - 14:35

I don't think string table entries are supported as constants there. You would have to create a "helper" propety (in property manager) that will hold your localized value from the string table. Then on the button click assign the value of that property to the property you want to set.

gelya

gelya
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 02 March 2004 - 09:34

Stefan,

Thank you for the help.
I already have tried this way smile.gif
Simply I thought that there is technique to prevent using duplicate property but set directly string value.

Kind regards,
Gelya