This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Block old installation

1 reply to this topic

boz

boz
  • Full Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 04 April 2016 - 16:43

Is it possible to block the installation of an older (already existing and thus not changeable) installation package?

For later versions I use the "current ProductVersion + UpgradeCode in Upgrade table" technique to detect already installed versions of our product, but of course I can't implement it in already released packages. Is there a way to simulate the installation of a certain package? Years ago with InstallScript I remember vaguely I could create some fake registry entries which blocked running a certain installation, but is something similar possible for standard MSI installations?

I found an article (http://nsis.sourcefo...lder_MSI_setups) which states that it should be possible by creating some entries in the HKLM\Software\Classes\Installer\Products key, but this doesn't seem to work. The old package installs normally and simply overwrites the already existing entries there.

Any ideas?

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 12 April 2016 - 09:13

You could create an empty dummy version from your old installer.