This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

How to Remove 'Temporary' Installation Files?

1 reply to this topic

Superfreak3

Superfreak3
  • Full Members
  • 437 posts

Posted 06 December 2004 - 03:11

OK, here's what I want to do..... I want to install a database that is 3.5 GB. What I did was zipped the file, which cuts the size to a more manageable 500+MB. I wrote an .exe to unzip the file, which I call from a custom action. What I then want to do is remove the installed .zip file and the unzip .exe, but I want to know what is the best way to accomplish this.

I could write a vbScript to simply delete the files, I guess, but I want to be sure I don't 'break' anything with regard to components, the registry, etc.

Again, I'm installing the zipped database and the unzip .exe as components. Is there a way to mark them as temporary, install them to the system %temp% directory or something along these lines?

All that really should remain when the install completes is the uncompressed 3.5 GB database.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

wink.gif

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 06 December 2004 - 19:22

Ideally you shouldn't install them as components.
But you could leave their component guid blank and delete them using a vbscript.