This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Multiple Entries in Upgrade Table

2 replies to this topic

dbareis

dbareis
  • Full Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 02 July 2002 - 00:08

Hi,

I have had an entry in the Upgrade table and "SECURECUSTOMPROPERTIES" property so that the MSI removes itself. This is working fine.

At times I wish to specify other upgrade codes. I found I needed to specify different property names for each entry and so I do the same for the "SECURECUSTOMPROPERTIES" property. While the progress dialog seems to indicate that it is uninstalling something, nothing gets uninstalled at all.

Anyone done this before?

Thanks for any help,
Dennis
---
Dennis Bareis (dbareis@No.Spam.gmail.com)
Free MSI update/creation tool (MAKEMSI):
http://users.cyberon...eis/makemsi.htm

Generous

Generous
  • Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 08 July 2002 - 10:59

Do you dump contents of Upgrade table and value of SecureCustomProperties here?

I use multiple entries in Upgrade tables (up to 10 in suites) and this work fine...
Evgeny Ushkaloff

Senior Software Developer / Setup Coordinator
Aelita Software Corporation
www.aelita.com

dbareis

dbareis
  • Full Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 08 July 2002 - 23:33

Thanks for your response, I had another go at it and found out that I could get it to work.

What I have trouble with is that sometimes depending on whether ALLUSERS is specified or in the case of WISE whether I have the dialogs display or not, the upgrade code upgrading will fail as it says one MSI was installed per machine and another per user.

Now this can be different versions of the the same MSI (built automatically so pretty much identical) installed one after the other in the same way...
---
Dennis Bareis (dbareis@No.Spam.gmail.com)
Free MSI update/creation tool (MAKEMSI):
http://users.cyberon...eis/makemsi.htm